ECO Transit is conducting a comprehensive analysis of bus service in Eagle County. This study will take a detailed look at the county’s existing bus services and will provide recommendations for improving service to meet the needs of county residents and visitors.
The Eagle County Transit Development Plan’s goals include:
- Make sure ECO Transit services meet and support growing community needs.
- Make the bus an attractive option for more people in our community. Study recommendations will include finding ways to increase bus ridership.
- Ensure ECO Transit services continue to operate in the most cost effective and efficient way possible.
The TDP started in January 2017 and will continue throughout 2017. During the spring, summer, and fall of 2017, the study project team will be working to:
- Examine how people travel in Eagle County, so we understand where buses need to go. This analysis will also look at the demographic and socio-economic characteristics of the area to understand where bus service is needed and where it will most likely be successful.
- Collect ideas, comments and thoughts from stakeholders, members of the general public and people who use ECO Transit. We will be holding focus groups, conducting interviews, and scheduling community meetings.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of each ECO Transit bus route. This analysis will be data-driven and will examine the number of riders on every route, at every stop, and at different times of days. This is a key part of how we will determine if changes are needed. Check back here to read about the routes you ride and let us know what you think!
- Create a series of service improvement scenarios that offer options for how the system might be improved.
Your ideas and comments are a key component to the successful completion of this project. Check back regularly for the latest updates and announcements. If you would like to receive project updates or notices of upcoming events by e-mail, just click on the Stay Informed page and enter your name and email address in the box provided.